Monday, November 19, 2012

Hyperdimension Neptunia + mk2 Artbook

Yay, mini-artbook review!

I wanted to do this the morning after I received my artbook, but unfortunately a stomach virus got me in its grasp, and I've done almost 100% of nothing the entire weekend since Thursday (´・ω・`); I missed 3 days of work orz...

Nonetheless, I may post more pictures later (clearer pictures if I can get some batteries for my camera, or maybe even actual scans if I don't have to break the spine), since these were just the preliminaries I took before I went to work on Wednesday evening!

Introducing...

超次元ゲイム ネプテューヌ+mk2アートブック
aka
Choujigen Game Neptune + mk2 Artbook
or just simply
Hyperdimension Neptunia + mk2 Artbook

The front cover with that...what do you call those? That obi-thing that wraps around the bottom.

The cover is shiny~


Besides the fact that I took these cover pictures when it was still in its plastic wrapping, All of the text reflects light, and the bubbles do, too. I'm not sure if it's quite "holographic", but I'm going to go ahead and say the cover is holographic. I'll fix this later if I can find the word I was thinking of orz
 
Back cover + obi-thing!
Also holographic!

The reason I include a closeup of the back cover is to help other people buying. I find that a fair amount of places selling artbooks tend to jack up the price way more than necessary. See that 2,800円? It's a ¥2,800 artbook. I know places have to profit, but too much more than that, and you're overpaying!
I didn't have much luck finding the suggested selling price for this book, so...here we go!

Table of Contents
 I love how choc-full of illustrations this book is ♥ Truly an art-geek / Neptunia-geek paradise! As you may (or may not be able to) see from this, the book is 152 pages. Full color!
Compa-chan
 My personal favorites are the character pages in here. Look at all the art! They have sketches/concepts/etc. as well as a big character portrait of how they show up in the game and their personal info. (No ages, but B/W/H, etc.)

I really wish I had taken more pictures! But like I said, I took these pictures before I went to work that day, and I got sick after...sigh. To be honest, I've only skimmed through the book twice, since I've been couch-bound and the artbook is upstairs in my bedroom orz So far, though, I really love it! Tsunako has a great artstyle, and the Hyperdimension Neptunia characters are really lovable.

Bought from From Nippon!
 I have to give some credit as to where I purchased the artbook. It was marked as "used", but it's really great quality. My only...confusion is that the seller has a lot of seemingly marked-up artbooks...but they all seem to go on sale quite often, and the sale price is more or less what they should cost. So knowing me, and my love for artbooks...I'll be back のヮの

1 comment: